Saturday, May 2, 2009

DIFFERENT IS OKAY

It was a hard lesson to learn when I was young, but being different is okay. I really was different after I came to know Jesus. It didn’t hurt like I thought it would, because I was doing it for God. He gave me strength, and I had a purpose. It was my choice to become more like Jesus and less like the world around me.

Why would I want to be like other teens who are driven by the latest fashions? They not only copy the attire of the popular kids but also their sullen attitude. Most of them don’t even look happy.

I am with the "in crowd." That is, those who are part of God’s family, those who have a certain future with Him. There are plenty of us believers, if you only look around.

These are the kids who really do their homework and earn As in school most of the time. They do their best and have the satisfaction that they can move forward into the future with confidence.

Maybe some bully will reject them, but God has accepted them. And the youth group at church will accept you once they truly get to know you.

Your motives will mark you out. Why are you smiling at people and being friendly? Because you are happy inside. You are accepted by God and are being transformed into a better person day by day.

You aren’t trying to impress people or deceive them. You are sincere, honest, optimistic, caring. You know your future might be difficult but it is realistic. God is on your side, and He explains things to you.

It’s all in His guidebook, the Bible. As you read it each day you begin to understand yourself better. You understand other people, too. You see that other kids feel insecure and are just pretending to be brave because they want to be accepted by the crowd.

You don’t have to pretend anything, because you are content to be the person God made you.

You are different because you are a new person and you make your own choices.
It is important to be the person God made you. It is okay to be different.

– Rosyfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment