Saturday, April 25, 2009

A NEW PERSON

A NEW PERSON

I thought it would be wonderful to be a different person. I didn’t like myself very well. People said I was too quiet. I didn’t know how to make friends with kids at school. Sometimes people teased me, but I didn’t understand why.

I was very ordinary looking, a bit skinny. I had naturally curly hair. I could run fast on the playground, although I didn’t like softball. I smiled at people as much as I could, but often I didn’t see much to smile about. There was something odd about my parents, but I knew they loved me. I had fun playing with my sisters and a few playmates in our neighborhood. But I got tired easily and I often felt sad.

Maybe I just needed a better sense of humor, the ability to laugh things off. I knew I shouldn’t worry about little things. A person my age shouldn’t fret and feel stressed all the time. What was wrong with me? Oh, I wanted to be different.

What I really wanted was to be a new person, completely new, confident and relaxed about life. But how did people suddenly change the way they were? It was a mystery to me. I felt different from the kids at school. I wanted to change and be a better person, but I didn’t know how.

I had heard about Jesus, but He didn’t seem real to me. Then one day it all finally made sense. I understood that Jesus was a real person who had lived on this earth and he was the Son of God. He loved ME and He died to pay for my sins. And now he was risen, living in heavn but available to help me through life! In gratitude I accepted Jesus as my own personal Savior and Lord that day.

Things were different after that. My outside was the same, but it didn’t matter any more. I felt different inside. I had new desires and also the power to act different.

But I didn’t have to act or pretend to be someone new. I really was different inside. I was a new person because I had been born into the family of God through faith in Jesus Christ.

If you want to be a new person, put your faith in Jesus today.

Rosyfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment